Dean Bullock's Message on School's Policy for Returning to Campus
As some people are beginning to return to campus, here are few reminders on policy. More information and campus-wide updates and guidelines are here: https://uci.edu/coronavirus/
First, as before, if you can work from home you should continue to do so. For approved efforts, return to campus is voluntary not mandatory.
If you have plans to come to campus in any capacity:
- Complete the Physical Sciences Protocol with your uci email: http://ps.dowitcherdevelopment.com/physical-sciences-safety-protocol-time-covid-19
- Take the online Returning to Campus course: https://www.uclc.uci.edu/ —> Login with UCInetID, click "Find A Course", search "Returning To Campus"
These steps apply whether you are coming in for five minutes to pick up a book, for sustained and approved Phase-2 lab research, or as part of approved staff support work.
Keep in mind these broad principles:
- Monitor symptoms: Do not come in if you are feeling sick*
- Maintain physical distance
- Wear a face covering <—executive order
- Wash hands
* Symptom checking: Please self-monitor and do not come in if you have symptoms. The campus has a Symptom Checking App to help with symptom monitoring. Within one week after completing the PS safety protocol, you will receive an email with directions for download the App to help you with symptom monitoring. Once you have it, please complete its symptom self-assessment every day you are coming to campus. There is also an email-option if you prefer not to use the App. If you need to come in during the week prior to getting the App, we ask you to to self-assess and be prudent.